For the realization of the projects described above the following equipment is available at the Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry:
- PC workstations running Windows or Linux, and a Linux PC cluster, several GPUs
- Relevant software and databases.
- Microcal ITC200. Isothermal titration calorimetry (ITC) is a biophysical method for measuring biomolecular interactions. ITC determines all binding parameters (n, Kd, ΔH and ΔS(calculated)) in a single experiment. Binding kinetic data are accessible through the kinITC method.
- Two air-conditioned rooms (7°C and 20°C) for purification and crystallization of proteins.
- One S1 molecular biology laboratory for expression, modification and purification of proteins.
- A microplate reader is available for enzyme kinetic measurements and assays.
- A fully equipped organic synthesis laboratory is available for the synthesis of new lead structure compounds or modified ligands.
- The Institute of Pharmaceutical Chemistry is equipped with all necessary spectroscopic techniques (multi-core 400 MHz NMR, 500 MHz NMR, MS) for the characterization of newly synthesized substances.
- Nanotemper Monolith NT.015. Determination of binding constants by microscale thermophoresis. The method is based on the generation of a temperature gradient within a protein solution located in a capillary. The dissolved proteins move along this temperature gradient (thermophoresis), whereby the extent of the movement is influenced by ligand binding.
- A Bruker X8 PROSPECTOR with IµSTM microfocus tube and APEX II CCD detector with Oxford Cryosystems cryogenic cooling to capture protein and small molecule structures.
- A MAR-Incoatec MAR345 Image Plate Detector with IμTM microfocus tube and Oxford Cryosystems cryogenic cooling to image protein structures.
- A "Free Mounting System (FMS)" to optimize the scattering power of protein crystals by humidity control and an in-house developed device to pressurize crystals at reduced temperature.
We thank for academic licenses from:
- CORINA Classic Product Line (Molecular Networks GmbH)
- KNIME (KNIME GmbH)
- LeadIT, SeeSAR (BioSolveIT GmbH)
- MOE (Chemical Computing Group Inc.)
top of the page